Background

Friday, June 6, 2014

The Biggest Peeve of All

It’s a mouse-size pet peeve, but sometimes it roars within me like a lion. Frequent readers of this blog know I’m often at odds with my eighty-nine year old mother. Mom is not mellowing with age and is feistier than ever. She spends most of her time watching Court TV and putting down the government. When I call, my role is that of a human crossword puzzle, keeping her sharp, even though I become blunt in the process. Ninety-nine percent of the time I call her, but she infrequently dials me. This is where my pet peeve comes in. Check (here) to listen to what these conversations sounds like.




2 comments:

  1. That does seem to be what the very elderly seem to do a lot; complain about the "crumbling of society". No era of history is perfect, but the olden days weren't exactly as pure-hearted as an episode of Leave it to Beaver though they seem to remember it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha. luckily my mom is not there yet, though i am starting to have to repeat things when she does not hear them...
    pet peeves...people that stop in the merge lane...grates me every day..ha

    ReplyDelete