Background

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Other Than The Old Broad, What Else Did He Include?

   


     Whistler’s famous portrait of his mother is an American icon, but how many items can you name in the picture other than Whistler’s dear old mom? There’s only a few of them. Spoiler Alert: Answers below:
                                   *
                                   *
                                   *
                                   *
                                   *
                                   *
                                   *
Here are the answers: 
     
     Curtain
     Two pictures on the wall 
     Rug
     Lace handkerchief in her hands
     Footstool
   *Chair
     
     So how did you do? Give yourself a pat on the back if you did not identify it as a rocking chair. Most people do.

3 comments:

  1. Are you an art nerd? I knew there was a reason I liked you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Art is just one of my qualifications for nerdom. I taught art history for years at Pacific Northwest College of Art, and I'm afraid my enthusiasm for art breaks out from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I failed. I couldn't remember anything other than she was sitting.

    ReplyDelete